Schering-Plough boasts the Coppertone NutraShield as their best sunscreen lotion as it has a dual defense: powerful sunscreen protection PLUS Antioxidant protection to help promote natural skin repair.
Coppertone also gives a 100% guarantee for photostability which is the ability of a sunscreen ingredient to maintain its protective power and not break down during exposure to UV rays.
You can pick up a coupon for $5 off of the new Coppertone NutraShield at www.coppertone.com. Brooke Shields is the spokesperson and her skin actually looks phenomenal. I can't wait to try this product. It's been a bit rainy with little sun in NY lately but summer is coming and I will be using this product.
Here are some of Coppertone's Smart Sunscreen Use along with some of my own commentary:
- Apply sunscreen before you are exposed to the sun.
- Don't skimp on application. Use it liberally and apply it evenly over all your exposed skin to ensure complete coverage. Reapply as needed. (My suggestion: every 2 hours)
- Don't overlook spots like your ears, neck, shoulders and the back of your neck. They need sunscreen too. So does your scalp if you have thin or thinning hair.
- The higher the SPF, the greater the protection. We recommend using a sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher whenever you'll be outdoors. (I recommend a minimum of SPF 30 - especially for lighter skin. Our ozone layer has been depleting for years, extra protection can't hurt and is actually necessary)
- Select sunscreens that can keep up with kids. Because children can spend hours playing in the sun and surf, they have specific sun care needs. Use waterproof sunscreens with SPF 30 or higher (so kids should start at SPF 30 but not adults? umm I think not. We all need to start with a broad spectrum sunscreen beginning with SPF 30) Keep babies under six months of age out of the sun and consult a doctor before applying sunscreen.