First off, if a pimple is not above the level of the skin, LEAVE IT ALONE. Don't go digging for it.
If the pimple is above the level of the skin, it's ok to pop it but there are some things you must do to make sure it's done right so you don't cause a bunch of scarring:
- Clean around the sides of the pimple with alcohol
- Wipe off the alcohol with a warm cloth
- Sterilize a needle with a flame
- Puncture the pimple by lancing it from the side to create an opening. Do not stick the needle in the center. Lift up the skin to create an opening from the side.
- Then you can begin to squeeze out the pus.
Also, here's a natural pimple remedy:
- Sea Buckthorn oil - It's an anti inflammatory solution that can be used on pimples to exfoliate. I love that Doctor Oz shared this because it's an all natural herbal remedy to help clear up acne. What's also great is you can consume Sea Buckthorn Oil internally to revitalize and renew cell function.
You can also purchase beauty products that contain pure Sea Buckthorn oil:
Need some assistance with your beauty routines? Michelle Howard is a down to earth resource for natural beauty information. She's helped many women to improve their outer appearance with her 4 season approach to skin care.
Subscribe to her information packed monthly Skin Naturale newsletter and receive a Complimentary "Basically Beautiful Tips Guide"