Monday, September 21, 2009

Kiehl's Skin Care Visit


A little over a week ago, I visited Kiehl's in New York City while on my Total Beauty Tour.  I was going to tell you about the Chanel visit first but that will have to wait because the visit to Kiehl's was much more pleasant and I have a lot more to share!

Kiehl' has been around since 1851. You would be amazed at the number of products available in this store. They have a number of skin care and hair care products but they even have personal care products for dogs!

The photo above to the right is of one the chemists at the store. She was so very helpful and gave me an excellent overview of their products for different skin types.  After being served some delicious Crumb's (You'd think they were the only cupcake store in town) cupcakes and champagne, we were introduced to Kiehl’s NEW Acai Damage-Repairing skin care collection:



I sampled these items and was very pleased.  The scent of the products isn't very appealing but the way my skin felt after sampling them was.  The products are not designed to be aesthetically please but to accomplish promoting healthy skin. While the products don't have a pleasant scent, they also don't have a stinky scent.  It's almost like smelling a natural ingredient such as olive oil. It isn't something you would go "ummm" to.   After all it's just olive oil right?

The 4 piece Acai collection became available on 9/8/09, individually priced at $24.48 a piece.  The collection consists of Organic and Paraben Free Damage Protecting Toning Mist, Damage Repairing Serum, Damage Correcting Moisturizer and Damage Minimizing Cleanser.

Upon our departure, Kiehls presented us with a gift bag that contained their Imperial Body Butter. While I do enjoy my Blended Naturals whipped Body Cream, this body butter is definitely welcomed on my bureau and is a good moisturizer to add to you dry skin care routine. I recommend periodically fluctuating between the two.

 Lastly, Kiehl's celebrated their anniversary (I believe 158 years in business) by offering an iconic set of lip balm, Lip Balm #1. this lip balm has some informative facts about NYC on each tube.  Cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Michelle:

Your Name :
Your Email :
Subject :
Message :
Image (case-sensitive):
HeliumNatural Dry Skin Remedies