Monday, June 29, 2009

Your Ideal Sunscreen Match

I know I've been talking a lot about sunscreen and using sunscreen lotion but that just goes to show how important it is right?; especially now that we are in the summer months.

Within the last two weeks I talked about:

Sunscreen Products Exposed
Ingredients that make Sunscreen Effective and
Coppertone's New Nutrashield Sunscreen

Today, I want you to take a quiz entitled, "What's Your Ideal Sunscreen Match?" I recently took this quiz and my results reveal that my ideal sunscreen match is Chemical Free (no surprise there). I have darker skin and I don't spend much time in the sun so I don't need a heavy duty SPF. Minimum SPF 15 is recommended for my skin color and lack of time in the sun...I still use SPF30 and here's why: An SPF of 15 only filters out 93% of UVB rays. Lower than that increases the risk of skin burning and developing skin cancer. Hence, the minimum SPF of 30 is better. 93% is high but that 7% oh boy I don't want to mess with it and you shouldn't either. Stick with SPF of 30 at a minimum and even high such as SPF of 50 if you are fair skin or spend lots of time in the sun.

Take the Quiz and make sure you are using the best sunscreen for your skin and lifestyle.
http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/quizzes/q_sunscreen

When you are done with the quiz, come back and share your results.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Great Survey! My match was chemical free. In case anyone is looking for an ideal sunscreen, a product I love is AntiPhotoAging’s 3-in-1 Daily Defense. It's a natural moisturizer with anti-oxidants, green tea and spf 45 in one. I have tried dozens upon dozens of sunscreen/moisturizer products over the years and 3-in-1 Daily Defense is the first product I’ve used that keeps my skin hydrated and smooth without irritating my skin. It even minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles! Check it out: http://www.antiphotoaging.com.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Michelle:

Your Name :
Your Email :
Subject :
Message :
Image (case-sensitive):
HeliumNatural Dry Skin Remedies