Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You are what you eat

Ok so that's a popular cliche but 'You are what you eat' should also connect with 'Your skin reflects what you eat.' Yes, some will say that drinking soda and eating pizza doesn't cause break outs ya da yada. I'm not a cosmetologist or a dermatologist. What I do know is when I stop eating those types of food and begin to drink more WATER, the breakouts disappear. Call it a coincidence? I think not.

Of course, my opinion is squat in the world of dermatology but I still believe that your skin reflects what's going on in the inside of you. If you put junk in, you get junk out. Simple. My opinion.

As a matter of fact, I want to prove it so bad that I'm going to do something. I've been eating crap since the holidays and my skin is not in it's finest shape. I want to do a little test to see if I'm right. If I'm not, back to pizza and soda lol. Seriously, For one month, I'm going to give it all up. I'm going to post the before and after pics. I'll take my before pic on February 7th. I have a few events going on for which I know I'll eat the wrong things. Beginning February 8th, I'm going to give up the junk food, drink nothing but water and eat right for 30 days and then I'm going to take an after pic and post them both on March 8th. I may even do a few up date posts in between.

So, here's the plan. I'm going to use all natural skin care products to care for my external self (which I'm already doing) but I'm going to kick ALL inner junk to the curb. That means no junk food or garbage food in for 30 days. Wish me well. This aint easy for me!

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

FineNaturalHairandFaith said...

So after a weekend of food everywhere and servicing a group of women with facials and foot soaks, I'm completely blitzed!

I know I said I would post my before pic and start my 30 days of eating natural to reflect the changes in my skin but that has to be delayed for 2 weeks. I have a ton of food left over from my Spa party that I would not normally eat but I don't want it to go to waste. I'm talking chicken tacos, chicken wings, meatballs, spinach and cheese puffs, vegetable rolls and cupcakes! Once I'm done with this, on the road to proving that natural food with natural skin care products will yield healthier skin. Apologies for the delay but stay tuned. It shall be done!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Michelle:

Your Name :
Your Email :
Subject :
Message :
Image (case-sensitive):
HeliumNatural Dry Skin Remedies