Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pur Minerals Product Review and Recommendation

Hi Ladies-

As we enter the new year, I want to introduce you to a couple of products that I have been using that I think would be a good addition to your beauty arsenal.

Before I share my review of Pur Mineral's products, I want my new followers and subscribers to know that I don't promote too many competitor products because Blended Naturals is my baby and I have much success with this line for my own skin. However, I believe that you can have a number of beauty products in your diva care.  Whenever I come across a product that is good and I believe can help you with securing fresh radiant skin (or at least looking like it), I share it with you.  Now on to Pur.

Pur Minerals is a fairly new company.  In other words, it's not over 5 years old from what I can tell..  I've examined some of the ingredients in their products and while some are not so favorable, there are a couple of products that I want to recommend to you.

Pur Balm
- This natural balm is indicated for use on nails, skin and lips. It comes in a silver tin and is so hydrating. You can rub it on your cuticles to soften them up. Especially if you don't get regular manicures. The Pur Balm is also great for nourishing your skin. The Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Beeswax, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Vaccinum Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract

The company boasts that you can use it on hair to help with split ends.  Umm I don't think so. This product has no water listed in the ingredients list so it's certainly not going to prevent the hair from being dry (dryness influences breakage) and water is necessary for a moisturizer to be effective. The balm may help smooth the hair shaft but honestly the only effective way to take care of split ends is to trim off the damaged hair, keep it strengthened with protein treatments and moisturized to prevent dryness. 

The one thing about this Balm that I do not like is the price.  It retails for $16.50 online.  That's a little pricey in my opinion.  It's only 1/2 an ounce.  I think anything over $9 is too much for the size of this product.  However, you should decide if the results warrant the cost.

Pur Eye Shadow:  The two colors I have are Champagne Citrine and Midnight Jade.  They make for nice, sexy eyelid colors. This mineral eye shadow also contains titanium dioxide which is good to help protect skin from the sun.  It retails for $13.50 a very reasonable price.

While Pur does carry some natural products such as what I've listed, many of their other products contain parabens and sodium laurel sulfate of which I do not recommend using.  Especially not for individuals who have sensitive skin.  The Pur Balm is the one product that I recommend for all skin types.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Michelle:

Your Name :
Your Email :
Subject :
Message :
Image (case-sensitive):
HeliumNatural Dry Skin Remedies