Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tips to Treat Prickly Heat Rash

We are in the middle of summer here in NY and while it's rained almost every day, it's finally starting to get hot. Well with the heat brings things like a nasty little prickly heat rash if you aren't. Oh and heat rash isn't just for babies. I get it on my back and I'm 40...oh yes I told my age! Heat rash is really annoying too. Those little prickly heat bumps itch so much. If I don't treat it, I tend to scratch until I bleed. Gross yes I know.

Here are some simple remedies for heat rash:
  1. Wear loose fitted cotton clothing to allow your skin to cool down
  2. Take a cool shower and air dry instead of towel drying.
  3. Apply a cool rag to any heat rash areas to keep the skin cool
  4. Use corn starch powder to help relieve the itching and chaffing caused by the heat rash
  5. Apply calamine lotion (you know...the gooey pink stuff...no, not the Pepto Bismol LOL)
Whatever you do, don't be a super star like me and ignore the prickly heat rash. Treat it right away. I learned my lesson.

Subscribe to my monthly Skin Naturale Newsletter to receive more great skin care tips like these along with a ton of other goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Michelle:

Your Name :
Your Email :
Subject :
Message :
Image (case-sensitive):
HeliumNatural Dry Skin Remedies